Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Frozen Nuthatch...

The sharp shinned hawk made an appearance the other day and the birds scattered except for this little guy. It happened to be on that birch about six feet away from me and it just froze in place. It stayed still for about 3 or 4 minutes and I was able to get a bunch of pics. The next day the hawk showed up again and landed ten feet away from me, three feet off the ground in the bright sun. It was to the side so by the time I swung my camera around it saw me and flew off so I didn't get a photo. It was the first time I actually got a good view of it, before it was always just glimpses. One of these days I'll be successful in getting a good photo.

4 comments:

Mary said...

Glad he didn't get the nuthatch! Whenever they come here the downy gets on the back side of an upright branch and freezes like that. I guess it figures the hawk can't get between the tree and the house. Smart birds! Hope you get a hawk shot!

Eve said...

Wonderful John! I'm sure you'll get him soon enough.

Stacey Olson said...

Good luck with the hawk.. but I am enjoying these smaller, less threatening bird shots for now..lol

Anonymous said...

Its really very nice blog..
I just enjoyed..
Thanks for sharing information with us..

___________________
Jessica
Get 28 movie channels for 3 months free