Friday, September 18, 2015

Another Milky Way Attempt...

My last trip to Reid State Park to photograph the Milky Way did not produce any Milky Way shots. I went back at the beginning of the month to attempt it again. At this time of year the Milky Way doesn't appear over the Atlantic like back in June and July, it's more west, although if I was at the same spot as the last Reid post it would've been over the beach. However it was clearer the night I was there and I think the lights of Portland would've been an issue. The trees in the background of this image helped block the lights because I was down low looking up. This image is a combination of two. The milky way was exposed at ISO 3200, f2.8 for 30 seconds focused at infinity. For the foreground I focused on the rocks in the front and exposed that at ISO 1600, f2.8 for 6 minutes.

No comments: