Friday, October 3, 2008

Autumn Flow....


It rained all night Wednesday into Thursday morning but after I posted to my blog yesterday I noticed the rain had stopped but it was still nice and overcast. Autumn colors look best under overcast skies, the colors are more saturated, so I took a drive to one of my favorite spots on the Sabattus River. This is just off the Papermill Trail in Lisbon Falls, which is a nice paved trail about a mile long that at some points is right next to the river. The photo above is about hundred feet off the path. Shortly after I got back home it started raining again so I timed it right; I'll be posting more from yesterdays little hike next week.

12 comments:

The Birdlady said...

I haven't had very good results with the flowing water thing - This one is beautiful.

Eve said...

So glad you went John, this is beautiful!

Unknown said...

Very pretty.

SAPhotographs (Joan) said...

When it is spring, I think that this is the best of all the season. New buds shoot out, things start turning green and flowers and birds start appearing.

Then, when autumn comes around, I think IT is the best season as the extreme heat has disappeared and the trees start to change into these wonderful colors.

LOL!! Typical woman, we can NEVER make up our minds!! LOL!!

A beautiful picture John. I love taking pictures just after the rain. Everything is so crisp and clean. I have to agree, your timing on this one was excellent although I am sure you would not have minded getting wet. :)

Kathryn and Ari said...

John, I love it! Great work: you really captured the energy and spirit of the scene.

Nick S said...

Now this is beautiful, Frame it at once ! :-)

2sweetnsaxy said...

Wow, this is fantastic. Actually, it's stunning!

Mary said...

Oh good....if they are all as good as this, I can't wait! We don't have much color yet, so I get to enjoy yours first :-)

kjpweb said...

Very beautiful - the slow shutterspeed + the colors! Awesome!
Cheers, Klaus

Unknown said...

All the effort of driving out for this image seems well worthy. The saturation levels are just about perfect for me

Anonymous said...

This is one of those photos that I'm make remind me why I'd rather be outside on a rainy day than inside on a work day.

Arija said...

John, you have really captured the dynamism of river flow. The restful leaves (front right) only accentuate the rush of water on the left. Wonderful picture.